High-performance deformable cementitious adhesive with no vertical slip and extended open time for ceramic tiles, particularly recommended for laying large porcelain and natural stone tiles (thickness of adhesive from 3 to 15 mm).
Warning: Last items in stock!
Keraflex Maxi S1 contains a very low VOC content that can contribute valuable points towards Green Star™ credits in compliance with the Green Building Council of Australia.
WHERE TO USE
• Interior and exterior bonding, up to 15 mm thick, on floors of ceramic tiles of every type and size (single and double fired tiles, porcelain tiles, klinker, terracotta, etc.) on uneven substrates and renders, without having to level the flooring beforehand.
• Interior and exterior bonding of stone and agglomerate materials (provided that they are classified as stable and not irreversibly sensitive to moisture).
• Spot bonding of insulating material in interior such as expanded polystyrene, rock and glass wool, Eraclit® (wood-cement panels), sound-deadening panels, cork, etc.
Some application examples
• Bonding ceramic tiles (double-fired, single-fired, porcelain tiles, klinker etc.) and stone materials (provided that they are not sensitive to moisture) on conventional substrates such as:
– cementitious screeds and underfloor heating and cooling installations;
– cementitious renders or lime and cementbased mortar;
– gypsum board as long as firmly fixed;
– compatible sound insulation membranes.
• Ceramic and stone material tiles on existing flooring (ceramic, marble, etc.).
• Installation of floors subjected to heavy traffic.
• Installation of floor and wall coverings on substrates waterproofed with Mapelastic AquaDefense, Mapelastic Smart and Mapegum WPS.
• Interior and exterior bonding of tiles or strips (porcelain tiles, klinker, single-fired, terracotta) with highly profiled ribs or lugs.
DO NOT use Keraflex Maxi S1 in the following cases:
• on wood and wooden conglomerates;
• on metal, rubber, PVC and linoleum surfaces;
• with marble and natural stone slabs subject to efflorescence or stains;
• with natural or artificial stone material slabs subject to unstable movement due to moisture;
• on precast concrete or substrates subject to excessive movement;
• when surfaces need to be immediately trafficked.
To see more details about MAPEI Adhesive Guide, please click here: MAPEI Adhesive Guide
Pot life of mix: more than 8 hours.
Open time: 30 minutes.
Waiting time before grouting:
– on walls: 4-8 hours;
– on floors: 24 hours.
Set to light foot traffic: approx. 24 hours.
Ready for use: approx. 14 days.
Deformability according to EN 12004: S1 - deformable.
Colours: white and grey.
Application: N° 4, 5, 6 or 10 notched trowel.
Storage: 12 months.
Consumption: 1.2 kg/m ² per mm of thickness.